NFL 101 Awards has named Jacksonville Jaguars Head Coach Doug Pederson AFC Coach of the Year
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The above video of Doug Pederson was originally published Saturday following the Jaguars game against the K.C. Chiefs.
Doug Pederson, head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, has been named the AFC Coach of the Year by the 101 Awards for his outstanding performance in leading the team to an AFC South title and an appearance in the AFC Divisional Playoff. Despite having the NFL’s worst record in the previous two seasons, Pederson was able to guide the Jaguars to a 9-8 record in 2022, including a five-game winning streak to end the regular season. They also won a playoff game against the L.A. Chargers, before being defeated by the Kansas City Chiefs in the Divisional playoff round.
About the award
The 101 Awards, which have been recognizing top NFL players and coaches every season since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, is the nation’s longest-running awards event dedicated exclusively to the National Football League.
Congratulations to Coach Pederson, named 2022 AFC Coach of the Year by the 101 Awards!— Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) January 24, 2023
Other 101 Award winners are:
- AFC Offensive Player of the Year: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
- NFC Offensive Player of the Year: Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- AFC Defensive Player of the Year: Chris Jones, DT, Kansas City Chiefs
- NFC Defensive Player of the Year: Nick Bosa, DE, San Francisco 49ers
- AFC Coach of the Year: Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars
- NFC Coach of the Year: Brian Daboll, New York Giants